on the march, live and learn



 #187 Thank you for the bunny Pottery Barn, and Martha for the scones. Blueberry days are coming.

                 "I lift my voice and come down to earth," JDM.

Jeff Daniel Marion's poem from A Celtic Pilgrim's blog:
AFTER FAILING TO RECEIVE HIS APPOINTMENT FROM THE EMPEROR THE CHINESE POET RECONSIDERS THE WORLD

Beside my doorway this morning
the Lenten rose nods,
its bloom a blush of color
on yesterday's pale cheeks of snow.
Last night the faithful stars
appeared, steady travelers swinging their lanterns
through millions of dutiful rounds.
Who am I to them,
my days but a flintspark?
Now the old dog nuzzles my palm.
To her I am no title, not even a name,
just a friendly hand to scratch her belly,
to deliver her daily lump
of meat in a blue granite bowl.
She sniffs my leg, loving the scent
of all the dusty trails I've wandered
to come home.
By the river the blue heron stands
and waits, poised in the long patience.
Here the world offers itself, wave after wave
of mountains washing across the miles.
Here the sparrow sings from the sycamore.
I lift my voice
and come down to earth

 

                        #188 Omelette

I assured Lunkhead that gardening this season would entail at the most 6 hours a week. Just a few minor tasks needed to get started.



I initiated the Spring cleanup on the QT.
The weather was cooperating {with an umlaut} so I dug up some stumps and


planted daffodils. Lunkhead decided to join in the fun. He ordered some sod and got to work. He looks happy doesn't he?


Nobody mixes soil like Primate. They can't hold a candle to him. Unfortunately after 10 years of trying to make our red clay a little more appetizing to our greenery we've been swayed to believe that creating a cushy environment for new plantings is just a prescription for doom! Amending is over...oh and plant red maples well above the wet soggy earth.


The weather turned against us and I moved indoors,



only coming outside to do a little raking and take some photos.


                      I delivered coffee.




                          It was nice to be inside.


                     #189 At least I made a meal or two.

My prediction of 6 hours max of yard work a week didn't hold water. 6 hrs a day was more like it.

Comments

Popular Posts