Bats Not June Bugs

Okay, Primate's new found freedom is infringing on my sleep. He wakes me up every morning by wrapping the blood pressure cuff around my arm. He claims the reading is accurate if you shake a person out of a sound sleep. To add insult to injury he is beating my resting heart rate by 10 beats a minute. His blood pressure is lower than mine too. But my claim to fame is that at 9 1/2 months pregnant the nurse who took my blood pressure asked me if I was a runner.

Speaking of running, my orthopaedist asked what my impetus was for changing my walking routine to a jogging workout??? Huhh! How about resting heart rate and calorie burning. Unfortunately, a stress fracture and what the doc thinks may be bowed legs knocked me back to the sofa. So my dream of running will remain so.

On our way in to town one evening a red fox crossed in front of us on I 64. I think she was a good omen. We had a nice dinner and walk around CW. Well Linus and Kimberly walked, I hobbled. Considering my wogging is slower than my fast walking it's amazing I was able to injure myself at all. Turtle migration and foxes were hot topics at dinner.

Williamsburg lights up the night sky! 

#76 at the Crust and caught a few fireworks afterwards.

#77 Chick Peas and Barley

#78 Guacamole and spinach tortellini
Not looking their best here but once they browned and got dressed with lettuce, tomato, and put on their brioche buns they were delicious. Southwest Quinoa Sliders
 I don't seem to have many food pics this month. I wonder how we have been sustaining ourselves. It's not as if we lost any weight!

Kimberly and I met at Prince George for a little sampling of Breakti Yoga; it was good. As we headed back to my favorite parking garage we ran across, literally, some bats who had run out of luck. Whether they were not able to gain access to the belfry above them or some other fate had befallen them, we don't know.  The municipal parking lot attendant said he would notify the town? I did not have a lot of confidence in him. Meantime, I was afraid Kimberly was becoming attached. We both started off horrified but animal lover that Kimberly is, she was becoming emotional; I had to get her out of there.



Comments

Popular Posts