Burke's Garden And Beyond

Ellen tagged up with us for our journey back to Hilltop. 23N took us through the prettiest mountains in Tennessee. Prettiest Place I Ever Did See! Davy, Davy Crocket!



 Made Elle listen maybe one too many times to Wagon Wheel But hey we were getting close to Johnson City.  No nice long toke for us!


Saw the aftermath of a race at Bristol Motor Speedway. Put Elle through the Hare Krishna paces, (she has got to get to a Krishnas Das concert) as we descended into the valley....Burke's Garden......an upland valley!








Photo Courtesy of Ellen Rogan

Photo Courtesy of Ellen Rogan
Elle will be happy to know that I was not able to post the videos from this excursion. She is safe for now. The fog that settled in the valley lent a mystical quality to our very magical experience. Whoo-hoo for Burke's Garden.

Onward to Lexington. We were starving, ravenous, and Hangry! But our guide gave us something sinister to chew on.


Unverified Area! We prevailed and found #43 at the Bistro On Main.





I am not sure what it all was but portion size was not wanting.
Look at these desserts.



Linus timed our layover in Lexington so that all shops would be closed for the day. We will be back.

Back at Hilltop our plans (Elle's) were to hit every consignment shop within a 50 mile radius. I had no idea that there are at least 50 shops within 5 miles of home!


We were mis-communicating a tad....Elle thought I was spying on the woman on the right. Store Detective I am not. But how cute is Elle? She was getting right on board with my undercover op!
Regardless of what was at stake, or was hanging, ( I am not going near hung, leave that to Miss Grammar), in the balance she remained obedient and followed the nagging voice (mine) in her head to always pose with a hand on hip....just as the little figurine does on the upper left. Anyway,  I am a little more high maintenance than this store and the other 49 indulged. Ellen gave me a mission though, I was to look for 2 specific items, and on top of that I was looking for Golden Book's Caroline And Her Friends  by Pierre Probst....down on my hands and knees going through old Golden Books, searching high and low for the other surprise items kept me occupied. Does she know I love a good puzzle? The thrill of the hunt! There is a method to Ellen's madness. Plus, I scored some pears for $15.


Linus used his little free time to install a new bike rack.


And we ate. Bittman's Chili, #44 Bittman's Espresso Black Bean Chilli




#45 was leftover Bittman's Chilli as a quesadilla. Elle like the carrots.

#46 was white beans & spinach with a side of pasta or vice versa.


#47 was Sprouted Kitchens' Lentil Meatballs, and



from Sprouted Kitchens' book, (love it), Kale and Mashed Potatoes.

Elle drove by the city so nice they named it twice and is safe at home with her views of The Shawangunk Mountains, not too shabby, but unpronounceable! She found and purchased her surprise gifts while antiquing in Pa. with Gerry. I am sure she will have another mission for me next time we meet! She left me with a parting gift of a shadow box that contains memories of our road trip to New Orleans. She thinks I might throw it out....maybe I will surprise her!






Comments

Popular Posts