Vinyasa & 8, 9, 10 & 11

     While I have been practicing a baby Raj vinyasa class and fine tuning it to put it on the road and actually teach it, I also needed to put together meals 8, 9, 10, and 11. There were many other distractions that got in the way of meal preps. For instance, I donned a plastic garbage bag to dye my hair. The entire dyeing process is a drag and I never fail to discover some gook on a wall or door when it is all done. It's like vooom.


     Then I was sidetracked by the inauguration. It was lots of fun especially listening to Richard Blanco read his poem One Today.
http://www.richard-blanco.com/inaugural-poet/ I read the last stanza aloud during savasana in a hot yoga class on Tuesday. I hope the yogis liked it!
     At some point I decided on Cooking Light's Mushroom Lentil Burgers for Supper #8. I sauteed the mushrooms and red onion before throwing them into the chopper.



     I simplified things by using canned black lentils and instead of pre-sliced mushrooms I chose whole baby portabellas. I opted for the less healthy choice of white hamburger rolls, more because of availability than anything else, omitted the thyme, cause I don't always like it, and used the bad mayo with an addition of a few dashes of liquid smoke. Oh, and instead of food processing a bun, I used panko crumbs.


     Very tasty and the Primate ate the leftovers for lunch the next day. It's always a bonus to kill two birds with one stone. Not that I have  ever prepared lunch. Cooking Light's Mushroom Lentil Burgers

     #9 was a journey into the unknown...tofu! Wild Rice Salad with Miso Dressing. Sprouted Kitchen's Wild Rice Salad  I changed things up a bit 'cause I don't even know what miso is and I did not have any....plus I think it may be salty, so I would have to omit it anyway. I found low (relatively low, still packing a punch) sodium soy sauce and used it sparingly.


     I am not afraid to cook tofu anymore 'cept now a friend tells me it is bad for me, so I don't know what to do.



      I used 1 cup of brown and wild rice. I cooked the carrots and served the salad hot. I not only omitted the miso from the miso dressing but subbed olive oil for sesame oil when I noticed the expiration date on my sesame oil bottle was longggg ago. I could not find a shallot in my fridge so I replaced it with garlic.
     We loved the whole deal so dinner # 8 morphed into dinner # 9 the following evening.


     Brought back to life in the cast iron pan with some toasted bread. I sometimes don't even show you all the bread we eat! Only my scale  knows for sure.
     I got a little salad going with apples and walnuts and doctored up Cindy's dressing. I added some fresh orange juice and a squeeze of agave.




     Then we raced out to see  Silver Lining Playbook. Oh my gosh. It was the best movie of all time. LOVED it.

     Supper #10 was prepared by the nice people at The Crust. Check out the size of those croutons.


      Does it matter that I get the dressing on the side when I follow it up with this pizza? Oh and then I dip the pizza into the dressing! I gross myself out sometimes.


          Ad Hoc dinner # 11



     I sauteed kale with olive oil, garlic, Williams Sonoma Italian herb & roasted garlic salt free seasoning and served it with cannellini beans and mushroom gravy.

   
          There's that darn bread again.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts