ONCE UPON A CHRISTMAS

Rush hour traffic on 25A convinced us to ditch the car in LIC and take the E train one stop. The chill to the bone wind did not bother me, I was layered for the weather, the Primate still clothed for another climate may have been a little frozen but he did not mind as we passed through his old stomping grounds around Citicorp. Hey, whats up with that, he alway's on familiar turf!  We hurried by the Peking Duck and squeezed ourselves into Vero's on 2nd Avenue.





 The Friday night after work crowd was already an hour old when we met up with our gang. They made room for us and during our meal some of us stole fries from the Primate's plate while he was busy talking.


We bundled up. Cleveland was nice and warm after a winter coat intervention.

                                 Hopped back on the E train.

Two stops.


ONCE; a magical night. Thanks Bren!





Just the right amount of white stuff came down on Christmas Eve. While Cleveland cared for her patients' health at the hospital and  joked about the possibility that with all those cookies in the break room someone was trying to send the nursing staff into diabetic shock, the boys had Yahtzee on their minds.


A lot of money was at stake!


Happiness is fleeting. Sometimes you have to take a zero in Yahtzee and  just breathe through it.


Christmas morning dawned.

                                     
                                       Is it a shirt?


Hot Buttered Soul for the turntable.


Some of our stash.


Oh, it's a Sanuk!


Wrapping courtesy of Aromatherapy, Huntington, NY


What is that?


Ralphie!


Pat winding down.


Bon Bons Chocolatier.....no wonder I sit around and eat bon bons all day, the Primate supplies me.


Practicing!



I worked all night......can I go to bed now?


                           Help, a lobster is attacking me.


                         No it is just a lobster glove for biking.
We ate, enjoyed the primate's dishwashing skills, got a lesson in bartending from Hil, and Tamara (send me a picture, I forgot to get one of you) arrived to shake things up.


It's a phone, but how does it work?


And the celebrating continued a few nights later with Carla and Linda. Yeah, I don't make breakfast or lunch, but dinner is often on the table.


This year the Primate and I chased hot air balloons.


Genevieve and Jackie (not shown) taught me how to hug.


I was inspired by dancing on DOG Street. With a lot of instruction from Carla and Lena I can almost cha-cha.  Lots of hugs to you all. One more year in the books! Casey Chambers sings One More Year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9BfLqd3MQo














                     














Comments

Popular Posts