Goldilocksing Season begins @ Memorial Day

Goldilocksing season is in Full Swing. I'm too hot. I'm too cold. I can't stand this heat! This air conditioning is freezing! Almost summer, right up to autumn, my prime time for goldilocksing! So much to whine about, mosquitoes, snakes, beetle in the house, ants, water in my ears, luckily equanimity is found at swimming pools, beaches, eating fresh veggies, roasted corn, watching hummingbirds, wearing capris, a la outdoor showers (not yet but I am workin it) barefeet, sandals, yoga, watching the tourists on DOG street.....the list is endless...ahhh


Memorial Day weekend found me prepping for the arrival of the primate (aka primary, lunkhead, etc). If my car could talk it would have thanked me, oh yeah it does, well she forgot gratitude, she was more like Finally! Then there were multiple trips to Home Depot, Homestead Garden Center, and Ed's Landscaping for supplies just in case the Primate was in the mood for digging. Turns out the only thing I forgot was root stimulator. Oh right, I did my #8 L'Oreal too.

Primate was raring to go! Leaves LI at 5 am, takes a little rest while driving down the NJ pike and revs up the lawn mower on arrival. Who could ask for more.....well I usually do and probably did...

Love those Rhodies. He deserved a reward...... but I made so much he was rewarded three days in a row. Recipe from NY Times. I exchanged shitake for baby ports, as I am afraid of shitakes (bridges, tall buildings, car wash tracks, etc), added sauteed red onion and bread crumbs.
                             Protein for the Primate

                        http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/29/health/nutrition/quinoa-and-vegetable-burgers-with-asian-flavors-recipes-for-health.html




Oh, from the looks of it red pepper too. Heirloom toms and arugala, just a little squeeze of orange. But the Pièce de résistance came in a bottle.

             Thank you Ginger People esp for leaving out the salt!
Hmm by Saturday things were even better. Auspiciously the Mets had won Friday Nite's game, and family members displayed varying degrees of excitement as job offers, bonuses, and resume requests came in, plus a record breaking bike ride and of course the best yoga class ever.

All that's left is time to enjoy the best of Williamsburg, the Williamsburg Farmers Market.

Normandie Cuisine shhhh raspberry cream cheese turnovers, herb hummus, bread, celery root rapee, carrot rapee.... potato salad....

Blenheim Organic Gardens, everything! but the asparagus is like no other aspargus in the world! Eat Raw!

I think Ms Blenheim's t-shirt read Eat Kale. Mint, kale, arugala, radishes, spinach, mmmmgood. 'Cept kale in blender does not work, get zee juicer.

Helen of California arranging flowers, Amy with her organic veggies. Can't wait for the heirloom melons!

            Queens reps on the bench, Bronx standing!

                                        Parting shots.




                  Brought home some wild petunias!

                            Everyone is on a mission.
Remembering all those who make this mission possible..... and most of all; those who gave everything.
 Peace.







































Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts